I have a Stag 7 in 6.8 and I can definitely see the reaction of the deer when the boolit hits. I shot 2 bucks in the span of about 2 minutes this year and saw the boolit hit just behind the shoulder on the first and watched as it tries to make a jump with one leg raised and shot it again high shoulder before it got to the second jump. Then turned and watched another buck that wanted the hot doe the first was after and watched the boolit hit right through the heart quartering away and watched it kick when hit. All this happened at less than 50 yards so how much recoil could there be? My recoil calculator says 7 ft lbs. A 243 has about 10. 223 a little over 3. Then again, I really like A2 stocks that have a nice pad. 20 inch barrel on the Stag probably helps, too. I been using the SSA tactical 110 Accubonds and they just smoke a deer. I get 2750 fps with the SSa fodder and can get 2780 with enough RL 10 and Sierra prohunter 110's. Did shoot one deer at 300 yards and boolit did a real good job.