I've all but given up on acquiring reloading components, and have decided to concentrate on just two calibers until the hoarding issue calms down. So here's what I'm working with:

.35 Whelen and 7MM-08. The 7 mil bullets are hard to come by, but I can buy .358 bullets all day long. Not many people up in my neck of the woods shoot the various .358 caliber guns, so components (other than powder and primers) are still available.

I haven't done a lot of load development yet. I have used only 225 gr. partitions and TSXs, and 250 gr. partitions so far with only RL 15 and Varget.

I'd like to play around with a few more bullet weights so long as the powders I have on hand will work. This applies to both of the afore-mentioned calibers. The 7-08 is my son's rifle.

I have RL 19, 15 and 7. H 4350, 1000, 380 and Varget, and IMR 4350.

If you have pet loads for any bullet weight in the .35 Whelen with those powders (other than RL 15 and Varget) please chime in!

Likewise, for the 7-08, but I'm much more component limited with that one. I have around 65 or so bullets total for that one, and they are all 140 gr. Barnes TSXs. We came up with an acceptable hunting load with that bullet and H380. Just wondering if any of you have found good loads using the same bullet with any of the other powders I have on hand.

I only have two reloading manuals (Lee second edition and Lyman 49th edition.) I can find online data, but I prefer to get first - hand info from those who have already done the load development, considering how limited I am on components.

I realize all guns are different, but I think getting advice from ya'll is a better way to conserve what components I have than just starting from scratch via published load data the traditional way.

All of the powders I mentioned are near a full pound, except varget. I probably have only about a third of a pound left of that.

Thanks!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."