The M-1 and M-2 Benelli's are superb field guns at less than 6#s.A friend bought one of the first 26" barreled M-1 20ga to show up at the gunshop. Long story short, it swung to fast for good skeet shooting and he ended up having a machine shop make him a heavy steel plug for the magazine to slow it up swing wise and that help his sc shooting also. You want target guns a little heavier for a smooth swing and less recoil. My M-1 12 ga kicks more than my M1100 but it's damn little to do with the action type and more to do with the weight difference between the guns.I suggest to you to try some 7/8 oz loads in your 1100 and see if it will function reliable. Going to less shot charge allways reduces recoil. 1 oz 1200 fps target loads in a 1100 12 ga. won't beat you either.By trying to compare action types and a 20 ga M-2 gun against the 12 ga 1100 you aren't even comparing apples to oranges more like fruit to vegetables. Just like politicians you can't get everything you want from them. Magnum man

Last edited by Magnum_Man; 05/19/13.