Took the family down to Washington to watch some baseball. Not the DC team, but the Pennsylvania one. The "Wildthings" of the Frontier league.

Fantastic little first class stadium. Not a bad seat in the house and the best ones will set you back $7.00. For $5.00 and bleacher seats, you are still on top of the action.

Family oriented park. Every inning they are giving something away. Play park for the kids if they want. Local HS or kids choir sings the National Anthem and Take me out to the Ballgame, Mascot races between innings, The Wildthing roams around for kids to have their pic taken with him. And a jumbo ballgame hot dog that will compete with any major league park at probably half the price. Your ticket gets you a $10 off coupon with a $50. purchase at Dicks $10. off a flat of shotgun shells, times five flats pays for the admission to the game.

At the end of the game the kids get to run the bases and there must have been 200 running. All ages. It was a hoot to watch.

These young guys played some great baseball and made some top shelf defensive plays along with some power hitting homers.

If you are in the area and like baseball, check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed.

The field:

[Linked Image]

Grandkids with the Wildthing:

[Linked Image]

Grandson Caleb practicing his sliding in the kids park:

[Linked Image]

Granddaughter Chloe managed to get dinged by a foul ball. Kind of a medium screamer. We all were commenting how close it came, then a couple minutes later she said. Guys, it was close enough to hit me!!!!

[Linked Image]

Some old ballplayer with his Grandson:

[Linked Image]

laissez les bons temps rouler