Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by EdM
I used the 185 gr TSX in 2005 on a pretty nice 5x6 bull at a lazer'd 280 yards from my 338-06. The bull just dropped at the shot, a pretty well placed slightly quartering facing shot. The recovered bullet, launched at 2900 fps, weighed 122 grs with all petals gone.

Now, that's a first! Barnes bullets weighing more when recovered than when fired!

Last time I checked, 122grs was less than 185grs. Maybe the poster edited his post when he coaught an error?

However, if his bullet HAD weighed more, that would most assuredly not be the first time such had happened. Quite common for a Barnes bullet to not lose any of its weight or mass when passing through, but pick up some meat etc in the proccess of blasting through the now decesed critter and then weigh in at more than the original spec unless cleaned thouroughly.

To the original question, I use exclusively 225gr TTSX bullets in my 340 and to great effect. I see the 224TTSX as the best overall or all around bullet to use in a fast 33 (338WM or larger/faster) of any flavor. In my wildcat 340 Tyrannosaur aka 338-8mmRemMag I am getting 3100fps at the muzzle and they flat out kill stuff DRT.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500