Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by JimR
Kenneth hit on my suggestion also. Swarovski 8.5x42 ELs are very nice and 10x has proven to be too difficult for me to hold steady.

I have had and used most everything but the latest Zeiss, extensively. I am now using Swarovski EL Range in the 10X42 as I tried the 8X42 first but still preferred the 10X in this glass. I am going to try the Leica Geovid when they finally become available and see if the porro-prism feature is an improvement over the Swarovski. The Swarovski Range is a better binocular and rangefinder than the current Leica Geovid with a better distance reading in the Swarovski.

In the binoculars alone, I would opt for the 8.5X42 Swarovision as there is nothing that has been brighter/clearer to this date. The 8.5X in the Swarovision does make enough difference to consider it over the 10X. I also have the Swarovski 8X32 El and they are a great intermediate glass that will find lots of use when you don't need everything you can get out of a binocular.

All that said, If I was just going to have a single pair of binoculars with no rangefinder, it would be a Swarovski 8.5X42 Swarovision...

Tried to PM you about the new Geovid's expected delivery but you're PM box is maxed out.