I got mine a few weeks back. Being a guy, I had a hard time dealing with the "written" instructions. Found some vids on Youtube that helped immeasurably. I've now got it figured out. Like Joel said, it's pretty easy once you figure it out.

So, last week I was ranging rocks, sage brush and JP trees out to 2000+ plus in bright sunlight; something most LRF have a hard time with.

This morning I decided to acid test it. My 6.5x47 Lapua shooting the new Berger 140 gr Hybrid will put 5 into less than .3 moa all day, as long as I do my part. Unlike Joel, I used the MOA method instead of the BDC method (dial up). I shoot up Hobble Creek Canyon, behind my house, at over 5300'. Their is a meadow where I can get 200 yds. I set up my 100 yd target and punched 5 shots into .286" running 2776 fps, 12 SD over my Oehler 35p. I then took the BR2 and at a 10.6 deg up angle, found a rock that ranged at 1198 to 1100, over and over. The BR2 told me 29.7 moa. The wind was light to calm so I just held on the center of a 2' tall x 3' wide rock; wham, wham, wham! Three hits in a row with an untested LRF. Wow!

I've owned the Swaro Laser Guide which I loved. Sold it after testing the Leica 1600. Sold it after testing the Leica 1600-B. Now, I'll be selling the 1600-B. Loved them all. Just keep moving up in LRF's with features I like.

The BR2's "shoot" button is not stiff, but instead, easy to push. A hard button will surely throw off your aim like the Swaro, which has a stiff button and ranges on "release". It has four brightness levels which I hated about the Swaro, that only had one brightness level and could barely see the numbers in bright light. The BR2 has four different cross hairs, which none of the others have.

I'll be testing it thoroughly in two weeks. We have a Challenge at Altitude up in the West end of the Uintah mountains of Utah. Thirty plus competitors, shooting around 120-150 rounds of ammo over a two day course of fire with cross/up/down canyon shots to over 1200 yds known and 700 yds unknown distance. I'll report my findings.

Like Kevin Costner says in The Postman. "Things just keep gettin better".

Alan