Fact: 6.5x55 is a stellar round in regards to reputation for accuracy.

Fact: Howa reps told me directly at the SHOT show a few years ago they could never get their 6.5x55s to shoot well, and could not figure out why.

Next, twist rates have changed IIRC over time with Howa, whatever that may have helped or not is unknown to me, but I do know an 8 twist is common, preferred, and I believe what is in their latest rifles for Howa.

I have considered MANY times a 6.5x55 but never had enough confidence to pull the trigger on one b/c I could not find enough reports supporting my buying one.

I have owned several Howa's, as above, well mfg rifles, and mine were all good shooters, a youth as above - in 7/08 was also a 1.5 moa gun for the ltd shooting I did with it before selling. Never worked loads or played with bedding, etc. so not sure if it had more potential. I did have a 223 and 22-250 - both sporters that shot 5/8" routinely, NO issues in quality.

I think odds are high that a current 8 twist Swede will give good hunting accuracy. That said, I'd EXPECT a decent bolt in Swede to shoot under MOA, and who knows you might get that with a Howa. Tikka's are known to shoot 1/2 MOA and better, in sporters, and their Heavy bbl shot a record in Britain at 1,000 yds, in Swede, for a 10 shot group as I recall, 1999 British Long-Range Benchrest Championship was won by a Tikka Continental in 6.5x55. Group size was an almost unbelievable 10 rounds into 4.4 inches at 1,000 yards.

Now that the twist is correct, let's hope the chamber specs i.e. leade is good to go, and you should be fine. Any doubt just buy a 270 or 308 in a Howa.