I can do a 5 typical animal 10 day trip for under 7k

This is no airfare, no trophy shipping, no taxidermy. Everything else is included from the moment you arrive until I put you back on the plane.

This is today, three years from now when you are ready, all bets are off. Kudu Trophy fees alone have nearly doubled in 10 years, now good natural wild bulls are in the 2600 plus range. In 2000 we had a bulls at 1600.00

Impala were 250, now pushing 400 in most places. Daily fees were 185-200, now 250-400 bucks

Fuel, food, restrictions, and political impact in Southern Africa have driven prices up in a big way.

ten years ago Zimbabwe was a brilliant hunting location, today the infrastructure and the safety in some places with the amount of business issues has handcuffed much of that old glory.

Botswana was the apex of safari hunting with the best trophies on earth and the most spectacular hunting anyplace. Thats gone now. No more hunting. Who would have thought that would ever have been possible?

Namibia and South Africa are very strong and secure for the most part in the hunting areas. There are many years of great hunting going forward. Mozambique will also improve over time and become better. Unless the government issues come up again and it all goes to heck. That's a coin toss! The same can be said for Zimbabwe. New leaders can mean great hunting and back to the old days. The same leaders make this more difficult and risky as far as the future.

Part of the huge increase to the price has come from the reduction of hunting in other places. There are many reasons for the prices going up at an exceptional rate of increase. Airfare alone is just crazy as well. However with that increase it's much easier to get a seat now.

In the late 90' early 2000's if you did not have a seat booked by January of the year you were going you were out of luck. Those seats were booked solid 6 months in advance. Now if you want a seat you can find one a month in advance. The travel to Africa has dropped off a lot in the last 4 years. My guess would be 25% less or maybe more.

I sell hunts now, with a couple months notice, 5 years ago if you did not have a hunt booked by November of the previous year you could not get a good set of dates and might struggle with the flights to match those dates.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)