Not positive what you are asking for here but here is my opinion. They are very different in the way of chambered calibers as the Winchester was designed for different cartridges than the Savage: .30 US (.30-40 Krag)and initially two black powder calibers with the .38-72 WCF and .40-72 WCF. Later .303 British, .30-'03, .35 WCF, .405 WCF and .30-'06 along with the Russian musket orders. It was chambered for the biggest smokeless Winchester calibers in repeating lever guns until replaced (along with the 1886) by the Model 71 in .348. I think the earlier thread about Model 99s and 88s is different as they may have been in more direct competition caliber wise. I like 1899/99s.

I'm interested in the "leap" both designs made with rotary and box magazines rather than the tube magazine. I'm often told by guys that an 1895 Winchester can be a hard sell, but the nice ones are kind of hard to find and I know a bunch of guys that collect them. One drawback to most of the Winchester 1895s, for my tastes, is if it doesn't have a factory installed receiver sight a guy is schit out of luck if you want more than a rear barrel sight (and want to keep it original). Otherwise I really like the Winchester 1895 Sporting Rifles, but you can keep the carbines and muskets...they are just flat out ugly in my opinion not really my favorite look.

Brad

I operate a retirement home for 30 Gov cals rifles. Will take them off your hands at no cost to you. Promise to keep them fed a few rounds on a regular basis, regular walks in the woods on their retirement farm and keep them clean, oiled and rust free

Ditto