I�ve paid anywhere from $500 to $3200 for No. 1�s.

As noted above, �rarity�, wood figure, box and associated paperwork, rings (on the early guns for vertical split rings) will help dictate a couple hundred dollar difference in selling price on the internet.

Sadly, you are talking about selling when tactical rifles are just now becoming available and are selling strong, where-as the No. 1�s that are getting bids AND selling are the oddball rechambered rifles, the stainless laminated and the big-bore No. 1�s.

If you noted, I said �and selling�. There�s a big difference between selling and asking price on GB. You should do a quick search on GB for No. 1V�s and see what the actual selling price is on closed auctions.

Internet sales are completely different than LGS. My local gun shop gets No. 1�s in occasionally and I�ll swing by week after week watching these rifles go down in price until either someone snags them out from under me, or I can�t handle it anymore and buying it (only to sell it on the internet later). They are not hot sellers locally, so given the right timing one can get into a No. 1 fairly cheap. The last one was purchased or just over 5 bills. I picked up a older red pad 25-06 with fence post furnature with a Unertl scope on it for $1100.00. That scope alone to the right buyer would go for 5 to 6 hundred, but nobody wanted the dang thing the way it sat.

On the flip side, I've got a RSI .270 red pad that's got a couple unsightly marks on the buttstock that has been for sale for $800 w/o scope or $900 with a M8 4X leupold that isn't even getting a second look from people. I'm only asking what I paid for it, but it's too much for the current market and I know it. I'm in no rush, so I'll just sit on it and hope that some starts searching for one.

Your question, although valid, lacks in details about your rifle (serial number, chambering, box, and lastly pictures)�. There are some early No. 1v�s that folks are indeed looking for, but beings that there isn�t a lack of No. 1V�s on the internet for sale in the common calibers, the only way you�ll stand a chance of gaining any traction on selling price is wood quality.

Remember, the No. 1V has been chambered since the early years.. So there isn�t a lacking of V�s out there in the market. Yours will have to be rather special in some way to get any more than $700 to 750 on the internet (without scope) and I�d be surprised if a LGS offered you any more than $400 to $500..

I�m not being hard, I�m just being honest for what I�ve seen over the past year or so.

Last edited by 1885boomstick; 07/03/13.