Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Palidun
On the WMA's I hunt most require the use of a shotgun. Glad you like to "piss off" the bowhunters who have made several trips from home to set up in a good spot to bow hunt for deer then on opening weekend a group of first timers come out and shoot up the trees. Real cool. I feel the WMA's should be closed to small game hunters during the first two weeks of bow season.
[bleep] the bowhunters. I pay as much for my license as they do and have just as much right to be out there. Small game seasons also existed long before bow seasons so it's bow hunters who are encroaching on small gamers, not the other way around. That being said, if I know there is a bowhunter in the area I will go somewhere else so as not to disturb his hunt. It's the ones you don't know are there and give you schit for ruining their hunt that get my dander up.

Considering Squirrel season is year round here and bow season only lasts 4 weeks I don't see I am asking too much for a 9 day break in the tree shooting. Another annoyance is that since there are small game hunters in the area we must wear blaze orange which does not make good camouflage. That said I usually hunt squirrels in January and February simply to let the deer hunters have a break, just making an effort to be reasonable.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]