I posted this on another site but I'm so mad I want to expand my reach.

Fraud Alert!

Two weeks ago I saw a good deal on a Leupold VX-3 scope on Al's Sporting Goods website, so I bought two, one each in different transactions. Or tried to. The first one had a hiccup because my billing address was different that my delivery address. I have a PO Box but wanted the scope shipped to my house, no biggie, or so I thought. By the time I worked that out with customer (no) service the scopes were out of stock with no backorder. Dang, well at least I got one, right?

Wrong! They figured the deal was too good so they cancelled the order. But hey, they made up for it by keeping my money. See, they didn't tell me they cancelled my order. I found out only after I called them when the scope didn't show when they said it would.

The nice lady at customer (no) service told me to call today to speak with her supervisor, Nate, to find out what they could do to make me happy. Which, essentially, was to return my money. They cancelled my order a week ago but kept the cash!

Yep, we advertised that scope, but there was a problem with the ad so too bad, we'll give you a few bucks off but that's it, take it or leave it. Too bad we're upping the price by 45% over the advertised price. The funny part is, their "sale" price currently on their website is still $20 more than Cabelas regular price! Thanks for the deep discount, Nate.

So avoid Al's Sporting Goods in Logan, Utah. You have better choices with retailers who actually possess integrity.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001