AGW, I have killed some goats too. Several hundred in the last few years and a good few more as a young bloke when they were considered more of a pest than they are now.

With the 270 Win on goats I consider the 130 grainers the heaviest you would want to use. And if using those, the light-ish ones driven fast over 3100fps seem to be better. Lighter bullets like the Sierra 90g HP for the 270 and in the 30-06 or 308 the likes of 130g HPs seem the go for putting goats down fast to me.

I used the 222 Rem, 308 Norma and 22 WMR as well.

Unfortunately when hunting goats its often prime pig country so you want a bullet appropriate for a good boar as well. So the hollowpoints usually get left at home and the 270 Win gets loaded up with a good 130g SP and the 30-06 or 308 with a nice 150 to 180g bullet. None of these are probably ideal for goats but will do the job of course when placed well.

As you mention however, with the heavier bullets those bloody goats will often stand there after having heart and both lungs blown to bits, not realising it until you punch another one through!