I agree and have one of these in my fav. magnum, probably the one "best"cartridge for all-around BC-Territories uses. This is, of course, the superb .338WM and mine had some functional "mods" done at Martini Gunmakers.

The tube was cut to 23", the bolt handle welded, the cocking notch re-worked to prevent that bolt lift some have, the extractor cut in the barrel was radiused and the metal was then bedded into a std. fill Micky Fwt.

I have Talley-Brockman "peep" bases in 8/40, JBed, Talley screwlock QD rings, a very sound 20 year old B&L 4x40 and a Sourdough in a front ramp. It shoots warmish 250 NPs very well, holds "sight-in" and I don't care about dings and whatever.

This is the "spare" to my Dakota 76-.338-also by Martini's and these are about as good as it gets for no bullsh!t serious rifles to be USED hard and often.

I would do as "DF"would, had I not a sts-tubed custom .375 on a P-64 action, another of my "homemade" working rifles and a rather deadly looking and VERY accurate little piece.