We stop on the South end of a long sloping plateau and on the North end are 5 rams. Dave sets up the spotting scope and identifies a problem. They are in Alaska, not the Yukon. There is a border marker post on the top of the ridge and they are just a hundred or so yards on the wrong side. We decide to settle in and watch them in hopes they move East. The set up is good as they will feed some then go over the ridge out of sight then return a couple hours. We could move to close the distance easily but they never appeared on the correct side. Three were legal and one very good. Towards the end of the day we decided not to press them and headed back to camp. The return killed my legs with a long steep downhill stretch leading the horses and a knee jammed into a tree once we could ride. Even though I had trained all spring and summer, hiking over 230 miles, the horse riding had my legs screaming. The shower house was calling my name.
Curt and I try to find some shade.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Shower house had hot water from a propane powered instant water heater. On the outside was a sink and old clothes washer. Cold drinks were kept in a pit dug to permafrost level. Kept the drinks at about 36 degrees.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 54Woody; 09/07/13.