Originally Posted by Mossyrock
OK. I can buy that. I guess I will stay on the 9.3 path. Who makes a 9.3 barrel?

Just about everyone worth buying from. Brux will make a you nice one if you prefer cut rifling. If you are ok with Button rifling then Lothar Walther makes a great barrel at a very good price.

If the bottom metal you have is currently correct for your action it will be too short for the H&H cartridge. You will either need to alter it, like FN did, or purchase new pupose made bottom metal. Duane Wiebe, Swift, and others make them.

I have an Interarms in 375 H&H. Great rifle but if I am building off a standard 98 action like your FN, I prefer either the 9,3x62 (my favorite) or the .375 Ruger. A properly built .375 H&H is an expensive proposition.

The 9,3x62 9 out of 10 times requires little or no modifactions to make them feed properly. But, because the case is wider at the shoulder, capacity is reduced from 5 rounds to 4. You can often regain the extra round by simply thinning the mag box walls at the shoulder so the rounds stack better. Its cheating but it works.

The .375 Ruger is almost as easy if you start with a Magnum boltface action. If not, you simply open the bolt face, adjust extractor and be prepared to contend with feed rail mods. I have built two Zastava actions into Rugers recently, one a .375 the other a .416, easy peasey. I started with a 7mm mag action for the .375 and for the .416 I used a .30-06. Start with a magnum, it will save you $$$$.

The 9,3x62 is by far the least expensive build if starting with an '06 boltface. Next would be the .375 Ruger, and in a distant 3rd place is the .375 H&H. All depends on your budget.