The CNC machines they have are 500k each! They are the very good. They can machine a whole riser no problem if they chose to. The same machines do all the one piece risers they build too.

The three piece riser was designed to eliminate the scrap from a block to make only one piece. using this three piece design they used about twice as much from each block rather then 1/3 riser, 2/3's back to the recycle bin. They could use about 70% of the block and only 30% in the recycle bin. This was an enormous cost savings for them. It was the pinned together pieces that freak people out. Myself included. My Firecat is built this way. It's as solid as a one piece riser so far. The pressure they assemble these together with is massive. I don't think it would ever break or come apart in that spot.

I've never head of a three Piece riser failing either.

I was in thePlant right after this design came out. It was a very big concern of mine as well when I saw this. I think it will be the future for others to follow.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)