Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Si.

What is being contemplated is roughly a 24 bore with a 9 bore projectile weight and 9+ drams of powder. Total charge mass is 1,000 grains. Rock and roll...

I wasnt talking about hunting in this thread,it was more a gun performance question. But with a .58 caliber 650 grain bullet and a gun that will take blk powder or smokeless loads,i would hunt anything in America.

Yes,.58 cal is 24 bore rifled, and its capable of 9 drams,even though it may be pointless to put that much blk powder in there.I will experiment,and see what it can do with bp.I know its capabilities with nitro powders. But i want to keep it black powder. It could be i need to go up in diameter to make use of a 9 dram load efficiently.i will see.

It will recoil but im not a little guy and can handle larger caliber weapons and have found that with the really heavy recoiling ones its better to let your body go with the recoil and let it flow than to try and fight it with your strength.

custom threaded breechplug,custom steel bbl,inline musket,percussion,or 209.

an 8 bore ball is around 835 or 875 grains,and an 8 bore conical can be 2000 grsains. im talking about a .58 caliber projectile weighing 650 -750 grains, and i can use .577 nitro express solids for projectiles in it.

I just want to use as much bp or whitehot pellets i can to get it going as fast as possible.

Last edited by realitycheck; 09/29/13.