Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm still not crazy about the Havalon knife. I've never used it......

Thanks for your opinion.

Please feel free to take the [bleep] I say out of context to make yourself look cool.

Out of context? You say you don't like something, and in the same breath, that you haven't used it. There isn't much more clear context than that.

And as far as "making yourself look cool," this is a thread about one particular knife. You've never used it, but you trash it, infer that people who use it don't know how to sharpen knives, and then go on to present your recommendation for another knife, congratulating yourself in the process.

Read what you posted below, and tell me who's "trying to look cool."

It appeals to the microwave mentality of most Americans, and I've met tons of guys that can't sharpen a knife to save their ass. Especially on many of the "Super Steels" that high end stuff is made of now (like D2 and S30V.) The average guy will learn to hate those.

I'll keep my trusty Fireknife in my pack, with a gray Lansky Dogbone. It's just north of 4 ounces. I'll also continue my practice of touching up my knife through the process of turning a dead animal into meat. Last fall, I used my Fireknife to completely process a whitetail start to finish. I touched it up 4 times, it was still sharp when I finished...

[Linked Image]

A wise man is frequently humbled.