So I had some really good groups in the past with IMR7828 powder and 160 Accubonds in my 7mm rem mag. Seems that I remember going all the way up to about 67 grains and didn't notice any pressure signs other than a little bit of primer cratering. I settled on 65.5 grains as it was most accurate. At the time it was also under the Max load recommended by Nosler for that powder and a 160 grain bullet.

Recently, I have found high pressure signs with that same powder charge. I also notice that the newer Nosler books suggest 64 grains as a Max charge. Unfortunately, I am only hitting 2900 fps at 64 grains, but no obvious pressure signs. This from the same rifle with a 26" shillen match grade barrel.

I did switch from regular IMR7828 to the ssc version due to availability, but the older style was still showing similar pressure issues.

Thoughts? I keep seeing where people are using 66-67 grains of this powder and getting over 3000 fps. I am definitely having pressure issues at 65.5 and wouldn't go over it.

FH