It's easier to count points thru binocs.

A few weeks ago I found a buck with the 8X42 binos. I could see one side was a fork and the other was an odd spike that came around like it "should" have points on it. I switched to the z5 5-25 and kept turning it up while looking at the side that "should" have points. Once I got it to 25X and really took a look at it I saw two projections where the antlers had been broken off. The projections qualified it as a three point.

Two years ago I found a deer with my naked eye across the canyon. I put the binos on it and saw it was a buck. When I switched to the 4200 4-16X and turned up the magnification to 16X I could see it was a very nice three by four.

A friend of mine took his buddy mountain goat hunting. My friend uses binos and a 6 1/2-20X. The other guy uses 7X binos and a fixed 4X. They found a small group. Cliff switched to the scope and turned it up to 20X while the other fellow studied them with his 7X. They decided which one. The hunter switched to his fixed 4X and shot. Cliff excitedly asked,
"Why'd ya shoot that one?"
"'Cause it's the one I want," he said defensively.
"The one you wanted walked over to the left. That on came out from behind the rock and we have not seen in before you shot!"

When I see game I will stick to a high magnification scope for counting points.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter