Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Part of the problem is that county sheriffs are less than enthuzed with being hard asses for the most part and won't enforce trespassing laws. This leads to situations where you get a high influx of white trash poaching and being on your land. Then they see the cows in the field, hay in the barn, and the ATV in the shed and start to covet what they don't own.
We have deer camera pictures of Billy Bob running his hogdogs on camera in the middle of our place and the old sheriffs office is nonresponsive. They basically don't want to get into the middle of what is basically real class warfare: rich gentlemen farmers verses white trash subsistence hunters who think that the hunting methods used in 1930 are still acceptable.

I can empathize with you.

I assure you, there are things you could do to make your hunting friends not want to be on your property. Sad to say, but if they lost dogs whenever they came on your property, I'm guessing they wouldn't be wanting to come on your property a whole lot longer.

I wouldn't shoot a dog based on the owner's actions unless it was harming my livestock or something of that nature.

But, I have taken care of a frequent trespass problem by catching one, and holding him at gunpoint until the sheriff's dept. arrived and he was taken to jail and booked for criminal trespass. wink When you have them on your posted private property when the deputy arrives, it is pretty hard for them NOT to take the guy to jail.... Further, once word of that got out, the trespassing problem dropped to zero.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!