Was in the local gun shop this afternoon and was relayed a scenario that had happened no more than 30 minutes before I got there.

Guy purchased a brand spankin' new A-Bolt III in .270 Win. No sooner than he went out the door the phone rang, lady on the other end identified herself as being from Browning Customer Service. She asked the manager if they had any A-Bolt IIIs and if they had sold any. Manager said, he had 3 and he'd just sold the first one - guy just left. Apparently she was very emphatic that he get the gun back and that it not be fired. Something about 'catastrophic failure'. Several of the shop employees quickly left the building and were able to flag the guy down before he got out of the parking lot. The guy was not a happy camper when told of what was going on.

Manager was told to set the guns aside, not to sell them, and wait for return call tags.

Not sure of what's coming down the pipe with regard to the A-Bolt III, but don't be surprised if you see recall notices soon. If you have an A-Bolt III, might be wise to call Browning, ASAP.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.