A PM has indicated that I've evidently caught some flak for not having listed a set price for this scope. No offense to any of you in particular, but here's where I'm coming from...

First, there is no obvious rule about having to put a price on something, leastwise not one that is obviously posted in a sticky. If it's merely a generally known rule then said rule should be posted in a sticky. Otherwise, people like me that have never sold something here (or anywhere online for that matter) won't know they're violating a rule.

Second, I provided FAR more information on the scope than the vast majority of the other sellers on this forum. Prospective buyers are going to research the price for themselves anyway before they make offers, which are invariably going to be lower than the posted asking price anyway. Accordingly, I see no reason why a seller should be beholding to a nebulous rule of having to list a fixed price when a buyer is free to make up their own invariably lower offer, oftentimes much lower offers. That sort of asymmetry is patently retarded. I realize that this is a classified ad forum and not an eBay auction, but we live in a world where the highest bidder wins.

Third, I do not need to sell this but I would like to sell it for a fair price. I bought this on a whim last summer and I'd simply like to use the proceeds towards another Nightforce scope. If this turns out to be a waste of my time by having to deal with low-ball tire-kickers that don't really want to buy it (and/or can�t afford it in the first place), then I'll just forget about it and give it to a friend or a nephew as a gift or donate it to one of the local SCI, RMEF, DU or NRA fundraiser banquets. In the meantime, someone who wants a good deal on an excellent NIB scope will surely buy it for what I'm asking.

From where I stand it�s all pretty simple�if someone wants it, they are going to have to pay a fair market price of at least $600 + shipping...as I've already posted early in the thread, or....they can just go on keeping their panties in a bunch about me not following a stupid "rule" that only the regulars are privy to.

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.