Gentlemen,
<br>
<br>I received my SRH chambered for .454 on Thursday evening after work along with two boxes of ammo. One box was a box of Hornady with their 240 gr. XTP's and the other was Winchester with 260 gr Partition Golds.
<br>
<br>First of all I found the recoil to be less than expected (still a heck of a walop though). And it was a joy to shoot! [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>The problem came when i was trying to remove the spent hornady's from the cylinder. The extractor was incredibly hard to actuate. I had to lean on it to get the spent casings out!! The Winchesters were a little difficult to remove but not nearly as hard at the Hornady's.
<br>
<br>Before shooting I ran a solvent patch through the barrel and the cylinder to remove any packing grease that may have been there.
<br>
<br>Should I have scrubbed it with a brush? If there was any excess packing grease in the cylinders could this have caused this problem?? Or is this a problem of overpressure? I read about the symptoms with rifles but i couldn't find any info on revolvers. The primers do not seem to be pushed out. Or worse case senario ... may i have a defective product that i need to contact Ruger about?
<br>
<br>Thank-you in advance for any all help on this topic.
<br>
<br>Have a Good Day!!
<br>
<br>George
<br>

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...