Mr. Barsness hit it right on the noggin! I have done nine African hunts - all a month long - all after the peak hunting season. It was in a bush camp - no running water- no bathrooms - you eat what you shoot, as did the camp personnel - and it was the most unbelievable time I have lived. There were many days when my friend and PH, Terry Roach, and I never took the rifles out of the cases - we lived an entire day at waterholes, sitting on a mountainside - reading poetry out loud and watching elephant walk past us at ten feet. Amazing. My limited bear hunting was good, but not comparable to the time spent in the land where man was born.

Find a great PH, pay him what he is worth, listen, talk, shoot well. You will never remember it all, but twenty years later one moment will come back, a smell, the same feeling of the sun warming your back but now you are standing on a stream with a fly rod in your hand. Rats - now I gotta go look at the bank account. I might have one more trip left in me.

Terry

Terry