I wouldn't question his PPC ability. But a 1911 is a different beast.

And then, IMHO, the best smiths are the ones that specialize. Some folks don't get that, but I'd rather a smith that had done 100 1911s, than one that had done 10 of this and 10 of that. At least when we are talking top notch reliability and ACCURACY.

Being a competitor helps, of that discipline. But being that competitor doesn't alone guarantee worth a flip either.

Used to shoot with a guy that built service rifles. He shot them very well. They didn't shoot that well. Had he ever driven the ones I had built I think he might have surprised himself at how much better he could have been. But he claimed you coudl only use so much accuracy. So be it. I could stomp him consistenly once we left the 200 yard line. I could even him in sitting rapid, generally, and loose in standing. But prone rapid and prone slow were mine. And part of that was the guns ability.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....