This model was an early model New Vaquero. This gun is I don't know about 10 years old, it has the old simulated case hardened bluing on it.

Initially, a year or two ago, the transfer bar broke. Ruger sent a new one and I installed it. It then functioned without issue.

Recently the hammer would not de-cock, the hammer was hanging up in a half down position when attempting to de-cock. The hammer would drop when fired normally, it would only malfunction in the de-cock.

I took it apart several times and reassembled to no avail. Then it began hanging/locking up the action and cylinder. I called Ruger they had me do a couple of checks/tests. While on the phone with Ruger, broken parts/pieces started falling out.

I believe when the transfer broke something was stressed and eventually broke. Don't know for sure as I didn't open it back up, and they replaced parts without explanation. Parts list included: New springs, plungers, cylinder latch, pawl, grip frame screws, and grip panels.

It is great to deal with such a fine company with exceptional customer service. No issues or questions from them, I sent it in, they repaired, sent it back along with a beautiful pair of wood grips, and with outstanding turn around time during the holidays no less.

With this level of customer service, there is no way I cannot recommend them.

Good luck!

Last edited by AJD; 12/31/13.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.