I agree with you GWB, but in my experience the bloodshot meat is usually not in the area's where the best meat is. I care very little if the ribcage meat and maybe part of one front shoulder (some of the toughest and tendon filled meat on the whole animal, IME) are bloodshot. I will give that up in trade for the 'hit by a bolt of lightning' type kills and great blood trails. I have seen damage like that from a pipsqueak round like my old 6/284, and with a good, solidly constructed Barnes X bullet, no less.

With my 257WBY on deer, if the range is under about 400 yards I get the same kinds of effects you show in your photos, and that is one of the reasons that I have so enjoyed that cartridge.

Your photos and other like it prove the point that velocity can and most often does create what I prefer to call a Hydraulic Overload in blood vessels etc. far from the path of the bullet. As for me, I LIKE that!

Last edited by safariman; 01/01/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500