It's here. Jan. 1, 2014. Today marks the inception of the Affordable Care Act, a big step in America's history along the lines of Social Security. Did Social Security go off without a hitch back in 1937? Doubtful. People are starting to sign up. My rates, without assistance, went down. Some benefits are slightly better. They've reorganized into networks and it's more like an HMO, but I hope not to require much medical care until Medicare kicks in a good while away if I keep my health at about the same level. Looks like I will have to change docs to get one on the approved list. In the scheme of things, that's doable and I've already been prospecting for a new one. My current one isn't the best I've had to begin with.

So, there you go, people with preexisting conditions, people whose COBRA has run out, and people who work in places without insurance and have less than perfect medical records can BUY health insurance. Even at the market rate, it's better than the cost of what someone could be hit with going without.

It's been lonely without you guys. Cheer up. I'm still lurking.

Sarahcuda in 2016 my arse.

Last edited by LetsGetReal; 01/01/14.