Originally Posted by busterhindend
Thanks to all that pointed out that closing the bolt make them feed. Guess I hadn't considered that.

Thought I was fairly clear in my post by saying I have had people say they can't get them to feed due to the short case and sharp shoulder angle.

I have a .223 AI but it uses the AI mags. I was wanting to do one with a BDL set up.

I have had two different gunsmiths tell me they have never been satisfied with how they fed. Both of these smiths are well known here at 24hr.

I thought I read once about a mag mod for the 223 AI with an internal mag design.

Guess I was mistaken

Factory ADL and BDL is same/same as far as feeding. Same follower. Same spring. Same feed lips on box. Only difference is that ADL box is longer and held to the action with a screw. I'm using factory 223 follower and springs on mine.

If you use the google 24-hr search tool, you'll find a lot of info about mag mods for 223AI. But the mod is to the length of the mag to be able to load longer COL's. Not to the feedlips or spring. Any 700 may meed minor tweeks to spring or lips to feed better. Most don't.

I did the length mod on a 25-204 and a 223AI. I posted a pic of it I think it was in the 25-204 thread.

ETA: I guess I deleted those pics on my photobucket account. I can take more if that's the mod you're referring to.

Last edited by 257heaven; 01/14/14.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless