I wouldn't sell a vx6, if I had one, to get a meopta, I agree. The VX6 is a good optic.

If the 1.7-10 R2 comes to pass, it would be about as close to my ideal hunting scope as I can imagine. I know cooperfan is critical of my approach to this scope selection business, lol, but I like what that 1.7-10 Meopta could be, I want to see what comes of it.

Not sure how long I'm willing to wait for it, but I can be patient for a bit and see what occurs.

I guess some of us come at this differently. I certainly agree that Meopta needs to broaden their product line to include scopes more "US Friendly". They have the optical quality, to my eye, and their #4 is what a #4 should be (to my tastes). A 1.7-10x42 would provide a better option for those of us who want low light capabilities without mounting a spotting scope-sized objective atop our rifles, plus give just the right magnification range to give FOV and reach for most realistic shots I'd face.

I don't really spin dials, nor need magnification over 10x, so target turrets, ranging reticles, and the like aren't on my radar. They are for some, and I see why they'd be less than enthused with what's in Meopta's current line.

But for what I'm looking for, a potential 1.7-10 would be letter perfect.