John to answer your question, I been fooling with this stuff for better than 50 years now and I played with a lot of guns. I stopped chasing loads back in the winter of 88 more or less, It was more of a question of time and money and a convince of a rifle range 5 min from my house that had closed more than anything else. Now I just settle for just one bullet and load for a rifle and go shoot. I like hand loading as much as I ever did, I still load with the Rock Chucker Press I bought in 1968! Then there was the time issue, most of the year I am busy with flying, thou the last few years have been hard to the the problems with the economy. Also with reduced cash flow means stick with what works. Its why I been shooting the 7mm RM @ 150 Fusion from Federal since 2006. My rifle likes the load, the ammo is reasonably priced, the bullet works well on the game I shoot. So I have extra cash for an extra license or tag and the fuel to get me there. Have I over thought this stuff, you bet and then some, but some times life brings you back to reality- I didn't know in 1971 that what I had then would be what I would be shooting by choice in 2014! I could have save a boat load of money that could have gone into a few more safaris or other places. Wisdom comes with age, and youth and vigor is wasted on the young.

Last edited by gmsemel; 01/20/14.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov