After almost deciding on a savage LWH I ran into a LH rem 700 short action and bit the bullet on building an ultralight 260. So first, my topic search ability on these forums is limited, so if I am duplicating a thread please point me in the right direction.
1. I want the action skeletonized, bolt fluted, not worried at all about a tack driver, this is just a hunting rifle. I see Kampfleld custom mentioned a lot but his website makes it look like he is not accepting much work etc. I do not need museum quality work, this is literally an alternative to a tikka or savage lwh, is there someone else who anyone would reccomend or anyone who would like to do this work reasonably?
2. I am likely going to put a light contour , short (18") barrel on it for packability and weight reduction. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced pre-chambered barrel? Seems like most inquiries I make either it's one year out, or I wind up with a $350 barrel with no chamber and indeterminate guns tithing costs, etc. I'm not opposed to paying the money if that's what it costs, I just don't want to miss an obvious option that might make sense. Thank you in advance, Martin