I recently aquired this neat little rifle. The rifle was built by "C.R. Hiatt. Albuquerque NM". It was built on a Mexican Mauser action, chambered in .300 Savage and wears a vintage Zeiss scope with post/cross-hair reticle. I would like to learn more about this gunsmith.

This rifle would be a great rifle for a young hunter and needs to get back into the field and be used.

I am proposing a Campfire Kids Research Biography and Essay Contest. The winning biography will be judged on accuracy and content, along with originality of the essay. The winner of the contest will win this rifle. Rifle will be transferred to the parent of the winner via FFL.

Contest: Research "C.R. Hiatt, gunsmith Albuquerque NM" and write a biography on him based on your research. Biograpy must include verifiable sources. Conclude your biography with a short essay on the hunt you would take this rife on.

Eligible contestants: Kids of current 24 Hour Campfire members as of the posting of this contest, ages 10 - 16. Parents, (current 24 Hour Campfire Members) must confirm your kids eligibility(age)and signify your permission for your kids participation via PM. Contestant verification and parent permission must be received by end of day Feb. 8, 2014.

Biography and Essay's are due by end of day April 1, 2014.

Winner will be chosen and announced on April 8, 2014. Biography/Essay's will be judged a panel of esteemed 24 Hour Campfire members who will be named soon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]