Bd: I knew that's what I had heard. Haven't heard a single thing bad about hunting with the Hybrid's, plus from what I've heard getting them to shoot is a lot easier. I'm going to be running the 3.99 Wyatt box so I'm planning on stretching the STW out as far as possible. I had heard the Gunwerks guys said they had switched to the Hybrids from the VLD's and didn't notice any expansion issues at all.

C Ne Elk: Thanks for the info, what your saying is pretty much exactly what I have heard from everyone. The rounds are very very similar. I look at it as Bergers are made to go in and EXPAND, a slightly thicker jacket isn't going to keep the hollow point round from still opening up.

Tanner: Yeah I'm running the 168's in the factory mag box. Its a factory stainless KS STW (my unicorn). I was using the factory double tap 160 accubonds to get some brass stacked up and the gun loved them, but I wasn't very impressed with the accubonds at all. I was given two boxes of HSM 168 bergers and they shot amazing in the KS so I grabbed a bunch of the HSM ammo and figured I'd shoot that up and use the brass. I don't think HSM ammo is very consistent from batch to batch so I gave them up, but there ammo sold me on the bergers.

Now its looking like I'm going to be on the wait list for the 180 Hybrids for a couple months. I have 6 more weeks till the barrel arrives and RW Snyder is going to work his magic and throw the whole thing together so I have a little time to hunt them down. I'll be sure to post up pictures of my first full build and come August I'll be letting everyone know my thoughts on the Hybrids vs antelope.

Last edited by Mitch_K; 01/31/14.

"life is tough... It's even tougher when your stupid"

The Duke