Thought I would start this thread to piggyback somewhat on this thread, figured this would be far more fun to talk about than some of the stuff around here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._06_with_Heavies_190_220_aga#Post8549250

For years the smaller 6.5's had a reputation of being giant killers due to their long heavy bullets far more than one would expect for their small size. I just traded my 375 Ruger for a 6.5x55 for my wife to use, the plan is to develop a practice and deer load with a cheaper bullet for her and have a load featuring the 140 gr Partition or Accubond for bigger stuff.

My 264 WM is for sale and will be turned into a sporter 270 Win, 160 gr Partition's are sitting on the shelf waiting to be paired with a cheaper 150 gr bullet. I have a heavy barrel 260 Rem as well but plan on using it more for target shooting along with deer and predators.

What do you think, I still think my 35 Whelen hits harder and puts big tough animals down faster but the smaller rounds seem to be really effective. Both the new 6.5x55 and 270 Win are going to see time this fall going after moose with their heavy Nosler bullets......

Last edited by gerrygoat; 02/08/14.

Gerry.