Well, I don't know what tactile sensation is OK with you (or not). We are all different. What you describe bears no relationship to the 3-9x Diamondback I have. Admittedly it is a sample of one.

Mine has positive, one click at a time movements. I could see where the clicks could be seen as too weak by some, but at least on mine they are definite clicks, the knobs easy to use, and I have yet to over click past the point I wanted due to too easy movement of the turret knobs. The clicks are pretty precise and track around the box satisfactorily. The field is the widest I could find, especially in the price category. The view is sharp and so is the reticle. The quick focus ocular adjustment works just fine and is forceful enough in its movements so I have not had it move unless I moved it.

Now it is a relatively inexpensive scope. But I have it on a relatively inexpensive rifle, a Marlin XS-7 .243, so the scope fits the package price range. The only thing I would say is that the eye relief is less on the Diamondback than some scopes, so I might be more critical if I needed it for a hard kicker, something the 243 never will be. Optically it compares with the Leupold VX-2 pretty well. I am more than happy with mine, and yes at this point, I would buy another one.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"