Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Seafire

two weeks to somewhere warm would be more therapeutic than you can imagine...always helped me make it thru the length of winters...for me, it wasn't how cold it got... it was more like how LONG winter was...that got to me each year...

I would agree, it's probably cabin fever. However, this winter has been particually long and cold. I bet we've had 50 days that have been below zero. Today was -18 when I went to start my car for work at 6:00am.
According to the weatherguessers, you've had 41 so far - and the record is 45, back in '81='82 - and yes, I remember that winter VERY well.. mad

But when I retire, I'm not going to live here in the winter. There is just too much about winter I don't like. I'll leave in Jan when I'm sick of it and come back in June.
I hear ya - but I ain't waitin' for Januray.. About mid-November I'm OUTTA here and won't be back for at least 5 months..

Went to the RV show over the weekend.. Coupla them big 5ers with the (either) rear or front living looked MIGHTY inviting.. Even the wifey-poo thought they were plenty comfy.. Probably get one once I'm too old to ride the HD... THEN hook it up to the F-350 and head south until people I ask reply with, "what's 'snow'?"

laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!