Dad (ole_270) and I slipped out in the hollers last night for a quick pass through. He ended up with a pair of grays. First grays either of us had seen on the farm, he's been there 61 years. Saw another couple of fox squirrels, but couldn't get a shot-

[Linked Image]

Slipped out behind the house this morning. 50 yards in I picked one out of a big elm tree, then missed one in a pecan, hit the trunk right next to his head before I got out of there. Then a bunny rabbit a little further up the trail. Worked up one hollow, up over the ridge, and back down another. Got to a big pecan grove that we've had good luck in the past, saw another gray, but he wouldn't stay still for a headshot, neither one of us could get on him, 60 yards apart. Then a fox squirrel came through the canopy and I got him. Picked up some turkey feathers for fly tying, then dad saw a fox squirrel on side of a tree and got him. We split up at that point, I saw another gray and fox, but couldn't get on them. Dad ended up with another rabbit-

Not bad for a few hours hunting. First blood for my CZ 452 that I've had for a couple years. Dad's old 10/22 Deluxe has killed more than a few squirrels and rabbits-

[Linked Image]