Working in Canada, I had the rare opportunity to watch Canucks and listen to what they think about the USA....

One gal I worked with ( who was a real liberal ) up in Canada had issues with me simple because she quickly recognized I was a "Republican"... which she equated to all being "RACISTS"...

We were talking about the movie " The Green Mile" when a batch of us went out to lunch together while at the home office for a week of marketing meetings... one of the Canucks asked "who was that real big tall guy in the movie?" I responded was she talking about the white one or the colored one...

This liberal chick immediately tore into me... "what a racist comment!!! Look at my skin color... its a color.. its white.... calling some one who is black, "colored" is just plain racist!"

This immediate made she and I the center of attention by the other dozen plus people around us... I told her it was not racist, that black people called themselves "Colored" all the time....Her response was "that's BS!" and she went on and on....

I just stood back and let her ventilate.. when she ran out of steam, I asked her "What does the NAABP stand for?"

" I don't know, I've never heard of it...what the hell has that got to do with anything???"

"Well I have never heard of it either.......but now what does the NAACP stand for?"

"Everyone knows that! National Association for the Advancement of Colored......." suddenly it dawned on her, that I had sucked her right in...

Everyone started laughing hysterically.....

I recommended she contact Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton and let them know that they should change the Name of the NAACP, because she thought it was racist....

Everyone laughed as they walked off with me.. as she just stood there red in the face.... funny thing was... she was our boss...

She called me into her office later in the afternoon and apologized....even tho she crossed the border fairly often, she admitted I was blowing apart her stereotype image of Conservative Americans...