Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
CZ magazines aren't cheesy, they're very well made. Quite strong and dependable, sturdy is another word that comes to mind.

Savage M25 magazines, THOSE are the "femunda" of cheesy magazines.

Well, maybe cheesy was the wrong word. How about fugly? grin

grin Okay, I'll give you that one........ I've got four 527s, though, and the magazines don't bother me. There are worse things out there, excellent accuracy out of a little bitty CZ that's easy to carry and shoots great, with the excellent set triggers, make the magazine issue go completely away for me.

My .221 Fireball is probably the most accurate rifle I own, out of several, but the .204 is a ball to mess with, too. I haven't had time or cooperative weather enough to mess much with the new .17 Hornet, so I can't say much about it. They ALL shoot great, though and are really handy to keep around. My old .22 Hornet was used, with a cracked stock, when I bought it. I cleaned it up a bit, re-finished the wood (the crack thru the pistol grip had already been patched up pretty good), and use it as my "beater" rifle, since I can't mess up the looks any worse than they are. It's a lot of fun to play with, and cheap to shoot. I usually buy those Midsouth 34gr. HPs to shoot, they're cheap and shoot great.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.