Very possibly her in the future if she gets hit, and or the driver having hit her in the future has to deal with it.

IMHO you start something like this with an ad campaign if possible by media, there is a problem, we are going to start writing warnings for the next month or such and if folks don't get it, will start writing the real thing come April 2 or such...

UNLESS she was running with her walkman so high she didn't hear them, whats the problem with stopping and answering the question? My guess is she would likely only have been spoken too and noted name in case they caught her again.

Its amazing folks want thigns done, but then if its them caught in the middle....

Dad was president of a HOA years ago. We had folks in Houston cutting through the neighborhood as shortcuts due to traffic. Not a big deal at all, except for their speed with kids around and such. So they as a board went to the N Sheperd substation, and come about a week later mom and I were not up and rolling early to get to church... IE we put us late getting out the door... you can guess the rest. Bingo... Dad signs the ticket laughing, explains it to the officer and laughs some more and thanks him for a job well done! Cheap ticket to pay, because they acutally slowed the traffic down as a whole after that.

I am not LEO, but I am code enforcement, and I know here I have a right to ticket you right away, but I generally defer to a conversation, and see if we can get it going the right way, and then if you ignore me after that.... or if you totally ignore me to start with, my level goes up a notch so to speak.

While I realize that the tin foil folks want NOTHING like give name etc... and I wear one of those hats at times even, they are the first to complain when something else happens.

I'll give you my name, no biggy. We can talk and such. But then after that if you wanna look see in my chit... nope, we all draw the line somewhere. I suspect by how I handle it that I'll probably never have a warrant by my refusal... but I may be wrong.

There are always bad apples.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....