Rick,
<br>
<br> I haven't used the Scirocco's, so can't comment on their veracity either way but I will simply relate what I've been reading on other forums and from hunting buddies. The consensus seems to be that, well, maybe they would work, sometimes. [Linked Image]
<br>It seems that the Scirocco users have been very happy with them on deer, but have had unpredictable results on bigger game like Hogs and Elk. Seems that on thicker skinned game they tend to overexpand and come apart at times.
<br>If you encounter a close range shot at an Elk with magnum type velocities, this could be a problem, especially if you like to take out the shoulders like I do.
<br>
<br>So the question is, do you need the little bit of additional accuracy and disregard the NP reputation for sterling performance on big game? In my rifles, the Partitions have been just about as accurate as any other hunting bullet and have proven themselves time after time on game.
<br>Even those of us that like to tinker can't ignore that conclusion.
<br>Besides, try shooting them both at 300-400 yards and see how much real difference there really is. That might help you make your decision. If cost is a factor, I would practice with Hornadies or Speers and shoot the good stuff for hunting season. - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.