Swifty pretty much summed it up in his post, but I'll expound a little. We set pins more towards the back of the table (1' from back edge) for the 22 rimfires, center of the table for "mid bore" calibers (up to 40 cal), and we set the pins more towards the front of the table for the big bores (45 acp and bigger). These pins are 1' from the front edge of the table and the table slopes down in the back slightly, so the pins have a better chance of rolling off. It helps to paint circles where the pins go on each table so they are placed in the same spot each time. The rules that swifty posted are a little different than the clubs I've shot at (PNW). Generally they just use a 4x8 sheet of plywood and set pins as I described. We also shoot at 35 feet instead of 25. This is great fun and the head to head comp is awesome. It will show you who handles stress better and who has the more reliable weapons wink laugh.. Our quicker pin shooters take a pin with every shot and can have the table clean in less than 5 seconds..Good luck with it!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA