OK, gotcha now smile. There is an issue your illustration gets at that I've talked to my Leupold contact about. He's in Germany at the IWA show (European version of SHOT)and will be back on the 12th.

If you look under your red ring, you will see there is visible a raised ring around the ocular lens. The problem is for eye glass wearers who have to get close to the lens as they can with their glasses. The extra thickness of the eye cup where it folds over and that ring around the lens use up 4 mm of the eye relief. I have had some conversations with him about that very thing and will press the point a little. I agree that the eye cup need not fold over so far as it does. Eliminate that and reduce the ring around the lens and eye glass wearers will be better off. However I can get full fov with a couple of my shooting glasses and also with my reading glasses on, so all is not lost for eye glass wearers.

The narrower rounded eye cup is a pretty simple fix, just use a different style rubber eye cup cover. Should be easy enough for them to fix.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"