I took my son out for his first Snow Goose hunt and, after shooting some geese, we had a NE Conservation Officer stop by to check on us. I've dealt with COs before and, while they're usually pretty aloof, I've never had a bad experience. But, much to my surprise, this CO (based out of McCook, NE) was great!

He did the usual job of observing what we were shooting and that we were recovering all our game as well as checking our shells to ensure we weren't using any lead. Our permits/HIP reg/stamp were in my truck so helped us carry our geese back and then took some pictures of us with my camera and even took one himself so he could post it to their Facebook page! I don't do Facebook but I know he posted it right away because we got a text with the pic last night (which my son thought was WAY cool cool ). The CO was a down-to-earth fellow hunter (and GSP owner wink ) out there doing a tough job VERY well and it was truly a pleasure to deal with him.

That being said, my son had an outstanding experience. We saw lots of geese and came home with a cool dozen - most of which were from a REALLY fun spot and stalk (crawling on our hands and knees). I couldn't have asked for a better day and to say my son is hooked would be an understatement!!

The migration's on....
[Linked Image]

Son with his first Snow goose.....
[Linked Image]

Results of our spot and stalk.....
[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!