Finally got my boy to go to the range today, not that he is by any chance still a boy, but he never had much use for guns... anyway he purchased a new 9mm Ruger about a year ago and had never fired it yet, don't remember what model it was, but it was full size about 4-1/2" barrel w/10 round mag.

He'd brought a couple boxes of Blazer 115gr. ammo for it, and my not knowing I brought a couple boxes of the Fiocchi 115gr. ammo for it...

First time fired for this gun, so it's not like it is even broke in yet, but the difference between these two brands of ammo was like night and day!

The blazer worked pretty good, he had a couple jams, but other wise it fed pretty good and accuracy was outstanding... but that Fiocchi ammo wouldn't hardly feed at all, 1/2 to 2/3rds of them would jam and had to be cleared, accuracy with the ones that fired wasn't bad, but a long way from excellent. I also noticed that the ones that were cleared had a sharp scratch half way across the case where it met the feed ramp, and looking at the feed ramp there was an unbelievable sharp edge like it had just gotten off the milling machine and hadn't been polished at all. Seemed like it was weak on closing also.

Suggested he take it in to a good smith to be tuned, but on a whole we had a good day and he got to shoot for the first time. I let him also shoot my 45 ACP 1911, 44 Mag, 480 Ruger (both 7-1/2" barreled), and a little Win. 30-30.

Just couldn't believe how bad that Fiocchi ammo was!

Phil