Saw a Marlin 336 carbine (20" bbl)chambered in .32 Win Special at a garage sale on Saturday. The guy was asking $450 but indicated he might take less. Honest beauty/wear marks on it. Barrel had minor exterior pitting here and there. Bore looked OK without a bore scope. Overall a nice patina on the wood and metal.

The rear leaf sight had been replaced with a receiver mounted Redfield peep sight and the front sight was a Marble "Sheady"?.
Also included was one full box of Remington 170s. Original price tag was $9.49 from a local store.

Drove by about 5 hours later and saw the rifle sitting there.

Dropped the Mrs. off at home and went back. Well, seems like he'd been drinking most of the day and by this time had two buddies with him. After some discussion I ended up with it for $325 plus the box of shells. He might have gone $300 but I would have had run for a half rack of beer and chew for him.

I sure don't need the gun, but Damn it's hard to pass up on an old Marlin.

Reckon I'll take it to the next gunshow at the fairgrounds and see what I can get. Either that or it's going to camp with the .35 and .30-30. Oh yeah, it's J serial number so that puts it at 1952, I believe.

Last edited by Elkhunter3006; 03/24/14.

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA